Apple has long been the leading brand in the smartphone industry and its products have proved to be reliable and cutting-edge. The new iPhone 14 series was recently unveiled to much fanfare and customers are lining up to get their hands on the newest models.
Some people find it difficult to transfer data from old iPhones to their new iPhone 14. Fortunately, Apple offers several alternatives for transferring data, depending on the user's needs. Even if someone's currently using an Android phone, they can still easily transfer all their data to the iPhone 14.
Here's how to transfer data to iPhone 14:
The Quick Start direct transfer is usually the easiest way to update your new iPhone and make sure all your data is transferred over without any issues. Users will need Bluetooth, WiFi, or cellular data for this method to work.
- Switch on the new iPhone and then position it next to your old one
- If a prompt appears asking you to upgrade to iOS 16.0.1, select it
- The 'Quick Start' option should now be visible on the screen of your old iPhone
- Verify your Apple ID, and then follow the instructions to transfer all your data over to the new device
- Keep the two iPhones close to one another and plugged in until the process is complete
This option is recommended for those who have an Apple ID and enabled iCloud backup on their old iPhones.
Follow these steps to transfer data to the new iPhone via iCloud:
- Turn on your new iPhone
- From the Apps & Data screen, tap "Restore from iCloud Backup," then sign in to iCloud with the same ID
- Review the Terms and Conditions and click "Accept" to proceed
- Choose the contents from the list of available backups in iCloud
- Continue to finish the setup after the restore completes
FOR ANDROID USERS:
Move to iOS
The app is designed by Apple to help Android users transfer data to an iOS device. The app will first ask you to enter a code that is generated on the iPhone or iPad. Once the code is entered, the app will begin transferring your data.
Follow these steps to move data from your Android device to your new iPhone 14:
- Turn on your new iPhone 14 and place it near your Android device
- Start the setup process on the iPhone until you get to the Quick Start page
- Click on the 'Set Up Manually' button at the bottom of the screen and then select Move Data from Android
- Download and open the 'Move to iOS' app on your Android device
- Tap Continue, read the terms and conditions and then tap on Agree
- Select the 'Move from Android' option
- Once you see the One-Time code, enter it on your Android device and connect it to the temporary Wi-Fi network created by the iPhone 14
- You should now be able to see the 'Transfer Data' screen
- Select the files you want to transfer and click 'Continue'
- Now, wait for the loading bar to finish on your iOS device
- Next, tap 'Done' on your Android device, and then tap 'Continue' on your iPhone 14 to finish the setup process